While HTC Europe concentrate all its marketing on HTC-Touch, in Asia, HTC under its Dopod brand name has released earlier last month the Dopod C730 also known as HTC Cavalier successor of Dopod 720w (HTC S620).
At first look there are not many differences between both models. the C730 is slightly thicker (0.7mm) but also lighter 120g (-10g) than its predecessor.
Price tag in Singapore : 790 SGD (513.- USD)
Main differences are the following :
- MicroSD slot is now accessible from outside. Easier to swap cards
- Operating System is Windows Mobile 6 which integrates more services (Office files edition, Live Search, MSN, etc..)
- Camera 2 mega pixels.
- Better battery capacity (1050 mAh)
- Samsung 400 MHz CPU, 64MB of RAM and 128MB of flash ROM
- Quad band GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) + 3G and HSDPA connectivity
Some points are still missing or require improvements
- Touch-sensitive strip on the edge of the phone is still hard to tame (usually I just use it to adjust volume during calls).
- Only a 2 megapixel camera when Nokia proposes 5 mega ones.
- No LED flash and front-facing camera for 3G video calls.
- No standard audio jack but a multi-purpose mini-USB connector instead.
Full Specification available on Dopod Singapore site2007, access, api, arc, art, asia, ATT, blog, C720, C720w, C730, camera, capacity, card, Cavalier, ces, connectivity, dopod, europe, flash, gap, global, gsm, htc, ia, im, iphone, lan, LED, light, live, mobile, Mobile Communications, models, msn, nokia, nomadcom.net, phone, phones, release, review, S620, samsung, search, services, smartphone, space, sun, Telecommunications, touch, touchflo, usb, video, windows, windows mobile 6, wp, www