I will start to compile some informations about tools that make Flickr even better. This first post is about scripts that add useful tools and improve rendering of Flickr pages.
Hundreds of scripts, for a wide variety of popular sites, are already available at Userscripts.org.
- Flickr Auto Page This is definitely one of the most useful scripts for Flickr. It allows you to scroll though a stream without clicking the “next page” – button. Older images are loaded automatically.
- Flickr New Contact More Links This script displays more useful information in you Flickr-inbox about the user when they add you as a new contact.
- Flickr Multi Group Sender This one gives you the ability to post an image to multiple Flickr groups at the one time. Warning : If an image is posted in too many groups you reduce the probability of your image being explored ! I recommend adding images to a maximum of 5 groups.
- Flickr Move Comment Form Up This makes commenting on images a lot easier. This script always displays the comment box underneath you selected image – regardless of how many other comments have already been written.
- Flickr Photo Rank Photo Rank will show you a photo’s rank if it is in the top 1000 most interesting images of the day. After installation you can find it under “Additional Information” on the photo’s page.
- FlickrPM FlickrPM allows you to get important information about another user in a short amount of time by blending in different buttons next to the username on their stream (like icons for mail, profile, favorites, Scout and interestingness). Useful: With FlickrPM you can send the user a Flickrmail without leaving the selected page.
- Buddy Icon Reply This is another time saver scripts for Flickr. With it you will never have to copy&paste user names you want to reply to on your or other images. With one click you will get a little icon of the user you want to answer in your comment box. Nice !
- Flickr Background Color This script is all about aesthetics and is an easy to use tool that changes the background color on a photo page. It displays several shades of gray through to black. So if an image has a “dark feeling” the white standard Flickr background won’t disturb it.
- Flickr Follow Comments This useful script helps you to view images that you have commented on – but only those that interest you. If you are writing lots of comments every day you know how hard it is not to get distracted by the overload of images when you click “Comments You’ve made”. With this userscript you have 4 different options to see only certain types of comments.
- FlickrMailManager This MailManager is the one of those scripts I will always value, because it makes handling your flickr-inbox much easier. For instance you can “mark all as read”, “delete group invites” and “nuke mailbox”. The processing time depends on the size of your inbox – so I use it very often
What are your preferred GM scripts ?
Source: Digital Photography School
Blogged with Flock
Tags: 2007, art, blog, ces, digital, editor, find, Flickr, fon, im, install, King, list, online, online editor, photo, photo online editor, Photography, post, processing, sco, sharing, top 10, uk, user, web, wp, www, XP