- Selecting Yahoo! Mail as your default email provider is simple. Just hit the Tools button, select Options, navigate to the Applications tab, and select Yahoo! Mail from the dropdown list next to “mailto.”
- Lifehacker, here are the steps to add Gmail:
- Type about:config in the URL bar, and click the I’ll be careful button to continue.
- Type gecko.handlerservice into the filter field and find the listing that ends with allowRegisterFromDifferentHost. Click this button to change the value from false to true.
- Copy this line of code into the URL bar:
A window will pop up asking if you want to add GMail, say yes and you should be all set.
Next time you click a mailto: link on a web site, you should get a choice of services to use including Gmail. You can then set Gmail as your preferred email service.email, firefox, firefox 3, gmail, internet, mailto, mozilla, yahoo